There. I said it, plain and simple. If you're not making marketing videos, you're missing out on a great opportunity to reach your clients and prospects. You're missing the chance to get more social shares, keep visitors on your website longer, convey your brand messaging, show off your creativity, and communicate with an online audience. You're losing out on the chance to tell your story, the way you want to.
Don't want to take my word for it? Here are some shocking video stats, directly from YouTube, the king of video sharing:
- 100 million TouTube users take a social action--Liking, disliking, commenting, or sharing a video--weekly.
- 700 YouTube Videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
- More than 4 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube every month.
- More than half of YouTube videos have been rated or include comments.
- 500 year's worth of YouTube videos are viewed on Facebook every day.
How has YouTube gotten these massive numbers? By providing some of the best content on the internet - videos. On Facebook, videos are shared 12 times more than links and text posts combined. If you're trying to get a message out to your customers, prospects, and social media audience, it's clear that video is the way to go.
In addition to its shareability, video is effective because it combines audio and visual content, simultaneously providing both opportunities to reach your target audience. It's more active and engaging that images or text and lets you capitalize on technology. It's becoming clear that video is the future of marketing. Have you gotten started yet?